The Leber Difference
Choosing your orthodontist is a very important decision because treatment typically lastly for 1 to 2 years. At Leber Orthodontics, you become part of our orthodontic family when you start treatment. We will work diligently to make sure we achieve that "special smile." At each appointment, every patient is evaluated by Dr. Leber and you will be given a report of the progress of treatment. We encourage your input of any concerns or issues during treatment. Our favorite part of the orthodontic process is the chance to get to know the person behind those teeth. Besides getting nice straight teeth, we want our patients to enjoy the process and to have FUN!
Enjoying the orthodontic process:
- Patient award system (Tokens are given to our patients throughout their treatment for good oral hygiene and proper care of their braces. These tokens can be redeemed for coupons to popular stores, such as the Park Mall, Target and Starbucks)
- Amazing Contests throughout the year: Including a raffle for a manicure/pedicure for Mother's Day and full service car detail for Father's Day.
- Video games in the waiting room: Patients can enjoy playing an X-box in the waiting room or a game boy in the dental chair.
- We pride ourselves on running On-Time.
- All-Inclusive Fee. At the initial exam, you will be presented with the fee for your orthodontic treatment. And that is the final fee. There is no extra cost for retainers or for extra office visits.
- Open communication and immediate feedback between our office and you.
Why is treatment so important?
There are two primary objectives of orthodontic treatment:
- Creating a beautiful smile
- Establishing proper function of the teeth
For most people, a beautiful smile is the most obvious benefit of braces, but what are the benefits of establishing proper dental function? The benefits of having healthy teeth and proper function are:
- Straight teeth are easier to clean which may prevent tooth decay and gum disease
- Proper dental function will decrease the abnormal wear of tooth surfaces and increase chewing function
Crooked teeth can affect your self-esteem. Children and adults whose malocclusions are left untreated may go through life feeling self-conscious, hiding their smiles with tight lips or a protective hand.
Duration of Treatment
Treatment time typically ranges from one to three years, depending on the growth of the patient's mouth and face and the severity of the problem. Patients grow at different rates and will respond variously to orthodontic treatment, so the time to case completion may differ from the original estimate. The patient's diligent use of any prescribed rubber bands or headgear is an important factor in achieving the most efficient treatment. Interceptive, or early treatment procedures, may take as few as six months.